Zarko Drincic, born in Petrovaradin in 1964.
In 1990 he enrolled at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad.
He graduated as a student of the generation in the class of Dusan Todorovic, and received the Annual Award for Drawing.
He is also the recipient of the award for achieved success during schooling awarded by the University of Novi Sad.
The Ministry of Education awards him a two-year scholarship within which he worked at the Academy of Fine Arts in Novi Sad.
He attends postgraduate studies on “Drawing and new materials”.
Even today, he is occupied by this problem.
He draws, and from recently he combines a drawing with image, on various, new materials as a background, from plastic to metal plates, etc. He is also devising a new form of visual expression in the form of “Enlightened Drawing”, where he combines video work with drawing. This way, drawing from spatial art goes into temporal, and as a result of that, every second takes on a new form in the form of an image. Thus, the photographed “seconds of drawings” which are by appearance different with each other provides the basis for the tens, also different prints (which may be later repainted or not).
He worked as an associate professor of drawing at the Academy of Classical Painting in Sremska Kamenica.
He exhibited in Serbia and abroad
- Belgrade; Gallery of Library of the City of Belgrade
- Novi Sad; Gallery of Vojvodjanska Bank
- Ruma; Homeland Museum of Ruma
- Domzale, Republic of Slovenia; City Gallery Domzale
- Izola, Republic of Slovenia; Gallery “Sun”
- Pancevo; National Museum of Pancevo
- Pozarevac; City Gallery Pozarevac
- Vrbas; Cultural Center Vrbas
- Cacak; Cultural Center Cacak
- Gornji Milanovac; Cultural Center of Gornji Milanovac
- Novi Sad; Cultural Center Novi Sad
- Bologna, Republic of Italy; “Bongiovanni” gallery
- Novi Sad; Branch of Gallery “SANU”
During the work at the Academy of Classical Painting, exhibited with the collective with more than fifteen times on exhibitions.
He is the author of a children’s drawing book called “Line – Line – Dash”, as well as books intended for older ages, called “My Life Line”.
The jury president of “MENSA World Photo Cup”.
Lives and works in Novi Sad.